Fruit shakes and smoothies were once popular only in tropical countries where the ease of access to affordable and high-quality fruits cannot be underestimated. Pineapples, coconuts, mangoes, and watermelons are just some of the fruits that people in temperate countries have had to pay for at a higher premium.
Not only this, people from the West once had a hard time in finding the best blender for frozen fruit, as there was no use for this type of equipment back then and so was not readily available.
Special? Well, in tropical countries this bunch is what you consider as “normal.”
With the increase in sophisticated logistics and manufacturing, the fruit shake and smoothie frenzy has taken the world by storm and is now part of many diets in Asia, Africa, Oceania, Europe, North and Latin America.
Your Best Options for Frozen Fruit Blenders
|Ninja Master Prep by Shark Ninja||1 pound||Check Price|
|Magic Bullet High-Speed Blender||7.7 pounds||Check Price|
|5-Speed Diamond Blender|
|10 pounds||Check Price|
|Professional Kitchen Blender by Vremi||10.6 pounds||Check Price|
|Total Blender Classic by Blendtec||7.3 pounds||Check Price|
We want to make things easier for you with regards to your decision-making, so we’ve compiled the five best-rated fruit blenders found. We have tested each blender, and we are highlighting here our objective opinions on each blender tested.
Ready to find out our verdict? Read on!
- 48 oz. pitcher for frozen blending and smoothies
- 16 oz. chopper bowl for even chopping
- All jars include convenient storage lids, are dishwasher safe, and are BPA free
- Includes: 450 Watt Power Pod, 16 oz. Chopper Bowl, Chopper Splash Guard, 1 Chopper Storage Lid, 48 oz. Pitcher, Pitcher Splash Guard, Stacked 6 Blade Assembly, 1 Storage Lid for the 48 Pitcher
Dimensions: 11 x 12.2 x 7 inches
Weight: 1 pound
Here is the official video of the Ninja Master Prep for you to have a better idea of the product:
Developed by Shark Ninja, Ninja Master Prep incorporates uniform fruit cutting with ice crushing. Specially developed for fruit-and-vegetable shake enthusiasts, it chops and blends easily and uniformly.
What we love about this product is its powerful feature on getting to chop many fruits and vegetables without putting a crisis on the quality of chopped produce. It is also not as noisy compared to other high powered blenders.
Here is a ginger greens recipe you can try with your Ninja Master Prep:
A step-by-step guide on how to make a ginger greens smoothie
Dimensions: 12.9 x 9 x 13 inches
Weight: 7.7 pounds
Here is the official video of the Magic Bullet High-Speed Blender, so you see how it works in action:
Designed and manufactured by NutriBullet, it is geared for ultrafine chopping of fruits and vegetables, making it the favorite product of protein shake and juicer enthusiasts. It has a very high powered motor, and it’s apparent from the sound it makes while blending. It is also very sturdy that even with so many chops and blends to do, it does not waver on its stand.
What we particularly love about this product is with the package coming with many “freebies”: 1 flat blade, 1 emulsifying blade, 1 tall jug, 2 short jugs, 2 re-sealable container lids, and a pocketbook of recipes. For this price, you cannot ask for more with everything that comes with the package!
Here is a breakfast smoothie recipe you can do with a Magic Bullet blender:
Breakfast can be as easy as 1-2-3 with Magic Bullet
- The diamond blending system ensures that all ingredients blend together quickly and efficiently.
- The Intelli-Speed Motor Control senses contents and maintains optimal speed to power through all ingredients.Volts:120
- Stir, chop, mix, puree or liquify. Pulse mode works with all speeds for staggered blending. Watts : 550. Hz : 60
- The 60-oz. BPA-Free patented Diamond Pitcher design is shatter-, scratch- and stain-resistant and is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- The die-cast metal base is sturdy and the Clean-Touch control panel wipes clean easily.
Dimensions: 9 x 8.5 x 16.5 inches
Weight: 10 pounds
Here is the official video showcasing the 5-Speed Diamond Blender:
KitchenAid is one of the first kitchen brands in the world. Developed by Whirlpool Corporation back in 1919, the brand proved to stand the test of time with its innovations and iconic vintage designs. It is not getting behind with its range of blenders, and this 5-Speed Diamond Blender proves to be at the top of its game when compared to other KitchenAid blenders released.
With the ability to incorporate stirring, chopping, mixing, pureeing and liquefying in one solid blender, the Diamond Blender proves to be an all-in-one choice not only for juice, shake and smoothie enthusiasts; but also for those with interest in processing food.
What we particularly love about this product is in its versatility: the ability to be the jack of all trades, and master of all.
Here is a capsicum and almond dip recipe you can try with the Diamond Blender:
- POWERFUL, HEAVY DUTY PRO BLENDER: Equipped with 1400 watt copper motor and 4 stainless steel blades
- PROFESSIONAL PRECISION: High speed blender has adjustable dial for full-range speed control
- PRACTICAL FUNCTIONALITY: 8-cup BPA-free pitcher with liquid measurements and suction-fit rubber lid
- Non-slip feet on base
- SUPER SMOOTHIE MODE: Special buttons for smoothie, ice crushing and pulse modes make blending easy and quick.. MODERN DESIGN:
Dimensions: 7 x 7 x 19.5 inches
Weight: 10.6 pounds
Here is the official video of the Vremi set-up:
If there’s one blender that can specialize, it’s Vremi. Vremi has a range of products for specific uses, and the Professional Kitchen Blender is geared for perfecting the art of making fruit smoothies. What we loved about it is with the ease of cleaning the blender, owing to its sleek and intuitive design.
Knowing that Vremi’s strength is in specialization, here is their Strawberry Hand Cream Blender that can be used in tandem with the Professional Kitchen Blender:
- Easy blending cycles: 1-touch buttons, 6 pre-programmed cycles, pulse, and 10 speed manual control with the ability to achieve a variety of textures. Complete control to adjust your blending at any time while blending
- Patented blade/80% thicker: stainless-steel forged blade, with wings, for amazingly smooth blends (10x stronger than other blender blades). note: Blade is not sharp, blade is dull. No more cuts and pokes. Self-cleaning: add a little soap and water, your jar can clean itself in less than 1 minute
- Large batches: BPA-free four-sided jar is a 75 ounce volume jar with 32 ounce blending capacity (wet or dry) ideal for blending beverages for 3-4 people
- Warming Soup: Blendtec blenders heat soups and drinks through blade friction heat. Enjoy a warm meal or beverage in 6 minutes or less. Electrical ratings: Volts 120, Watt 1560, Hz 50-60, amp 13, cord: feet 35inches/3 feet
- 8 year warranty/American Company: Family-owned and driven to build the best quality products - without compromise. Engineered and assembled in the USA.
Dimensions: 7 x 8 x 15.5 inches
Weight: 7.3 pounds
Here is the official video showcasing the Total Blender Classic’s capacities:
At an expensive price, the Total Blender Classic proves to be a high class in its own right—but because of the right reasons.
First off, its look is a classic giveaway: sleek, uniform, seamless. With so much power in this blender at 1,560 watts, it can crush and chop fruits, vegetables, and ice at half the time compared to standard blenders.
What we love about it is in its efficiency, uniformity, and power: it’s quite amazing to think a blender like this can crush ice at only 4 seconds!
Here is a strawberry ice cream recipe that you can make with the Blendtec Total Blender:
The Difference Between Fruit Shakes and Smoothies
The main difference between a fruit shake and a fruit smoothie is due to one ingredient: a form of milk used. Fruit shakes are usually made of fruits and ice cream/yogurt, with ice and sugar as optional; while fruit smoothies are made of fruits and milk, with ice and sugar as optional add-ons.
Fruit shakes and smoothies have become so popular that in the U.S., a smoothie chain quickly picked up with the public. Founded in 1973, Smoothie King is now a world-recognized brand for its fresh and preservative-free smoothies. There are currently 600+ branches worldwide which affirm the fact that fruit smoothies have taken an important place in the modern person’s diet.
In the Mediterranean, such as in Greece and Turkey, fruit smoothies are on a different take with unique ingredients added to them. Usually, thick yogurt and nuts are added to their fruit smoothies.
In India, fruit smoothies are called “lassi,” which is a combination of mangoes and/or pineapples, crushed ice, yogurt, and sugar. Sometimes, buttermilk is also added.
The Philippines, one of the biggest world exporters of mango, has its version of a fruit smoothie. Called “mango sago,” it’s made of ripe mangoes and tapioca pearls (locally called, “sago”). Filipinos love it especially during the summer, and it’s no surprise that these sell out in restaurants.
Fruit shake and the smoothie are now seen all over the world is not only a statement of its good taste and flavor; but also of its health benefits that people are now more conscious of.
Health Benefits of Fruit Shakes and Smoothies
Fruits in themselves are rich in vitamins and minerals, but did you know that putting fruits into shakes and smoothies make these vitamins better absorbed in the body? Here are the reasons why:
- When fruits are turned into shakes and smoothies, it gets easier for the body to digest the fiber content, which then makes it easier for vitamins and minerals to get into the system.
- Vitamins and minerals found in fruits cannot be underestimated: citrus fruits like oranges and lemons contain vitamin C, potassium, and folate; tropical fruits like papaya, rambutan, pineapple, avocado, coconut, bananas, and mango are all rich in vitamin C, potassium, folate and manganese; and berries like cherries and strawberries are rich in beta-carotene. Vitamin C is good for your immune system; potassium helps support your heart health; folate promotes healthy nerve function, and beta-carotene helps keep your eye health in place. When you combine different fruits into one mixture, you get the maximum benefits from all these varieties.
- Because of limitations in access, frozen fruit is proven to be just as good as the real thing—sometimes, frozen is even better. This is mainly because harmful microbes are killed in the freezing process, making it safer for you to use your fruits when you need them immediately. Using frozen fruits is particularly safer when you have to make shakes and smoothies.
Here is a video by the famous British chef Jamie Oliver on the benefits of fruit smoothies, and a bonus instructional video on how to make a frozen fruit smoothie:
How to Enjoy Fruit Shakes and Smoothies at Home
While a good range of quality fruits to choose from is very important, the choice of equipment used to make shakes and smoothies is also important. A fruit blender is your best friend once you decide to make your fruit shakes and smoothies at home.
With a lot of options available, it can be very challenging to choose which one is the best for your needs. How do you start shopping for your fruit blender?
What to Look for in a Frozen Fruit Blender
First off, why should we look for a frozen fruit blender, and not just a fruit blender?
This is not only for health reasons with reports vying for the idea that frozen fruits are better than the real fruit when juicing and blending; this also goes for the strength of the equipment. When the equipment can handle frozen fruit, sturdiness is already checked off the list as one of the blender’s key strengths.
Here are what to specifically look for when purchasing your fruit blender:
- What do you want to blend?
This is a basic question but quite difficult to answer. Yes, you want to make fruit shakes and smoothies, but what type of fruits would you want to use? How many batches are you looking into making in a day? What add-ons would you want to put into your shakes and smoothies? These are important to know, so you know what size and capacity range you want to look for in a blender.
- What type of blend do you want?
There are some who want chunky blends, and there are others who prefer smooth blends. There are those who love making shakes with ice, and others prefer a simple fruit-milk combination. Knowing which type of blend you want gives you an idea of the strength and type of blades that you want to come with your blender. You have to remember that ice is always the defining factor when buying a blender.
A rule of thumb: if a blender can crush ice with no problems, you sure have a sturdy and long-lasting blender.
- What features would you want your blender to have?
Some have more straightforward answers to this which include making a fruit-and-milk shake. But others want feature add-ons like ice-cream making, fruit-and-vegetable blending, and touch-and-go buttons among others.
- Is design versatility important to you?
If aesthetics are important to you, you may want to check out blenders on a higher range. Almost always, design versatility is what sets apart both blenders doing the same function, with the same system and features. But others find blenders an investment as these are not only hideaway items; but also nice feature items added to the kitchen.
- What’s your budget?
This is a very important factor for consumers as who wouldn’t want to have value for their money? With your blender function needs and requirements listed down, you can then list down blenders based on their price, then stick to the budget you have for this equipment. You don’t want to be regretting overspending for a blender that you could have bought at a lower price with another brand.
- What kitchen storage do you have?
Some blenders cannot withstand frequent changes in temperature; while others can withstand any weather. Some blenders are tall and bulky and are not fit to be stored in standard-sized kitchen cabinets. 18 inches is the typical distance between counters and upper cabinets, so be sure to check on this one. You should then have to decide where you want to store your blender, and then you can decide from there which blender you want to purchase.
- What’s your blender cleaning style?
Some blenders are more difficult to clean than others; while some are just plug-and-play. Some blenders have removable blades that make it easier for you to clean up; while others are more sophisticated in their set-up mostly because of the features added to the blender. Whichever you choose, make sure you are comfortable with the clean-up as cleaning is very important in maintaining your blender.
- Do you want glass or plastic?
While a plastic jug for the blender has its advantage of being lightweight; a glass jug is sturdier and easier to clean, but heavier. Plastic can also absorb stains which cannot happen with glass jugs.
Blender for Frozen Fruit FAQ
And the Best Frozen Fruit Blender Award Goes to…
With its range of features from chopping fruits and vegetables, to making soups, to crushing ice; design versatility; standard size applicable for standard kitchen cabinets and countertops; ease of cleaning and use; and safety features, the clear winner is:
5-Speed Diamond Blender by KitchenAid
With the 5-Speed Diamond Blender, KitchenAid does not only set its place as a market leader in the cooking industry; it also combines its expertise in bringing together sturdy implements, versatile features, and easy-to-use interface.
Compared to other products reviewed, KitchenAid’s blender also has the best value for money given all the features it has to offer. For beginner and expert fruit juice, shake and smoothie enthusiasts, the 5-Speed Diamond Blender can adapt to your needs.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our review on the best blender for frozen fruit as much as we enjoyed creating it. Please feel free to share the article if you’ve enjoyed it; and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to put your comments below. We would love to hear from you!
- 1 Your Best Options for Frozen Fruit Blenders
- 2 Ninja Master Prep by Shark Ninja
- 3 Magic Bullet High-Speed Blender by NutriBullet
- 4 5-Speed Diamond Blender by KitchenAid (EDITOR’S CHOICE)
- 5 Professional Kitchen Blender by Vremi
- 6 Total Blender Classic by Blendtec
- 7 Best Blender for Frozen Fruit – Buyer’s Guide
- 8 Blender for Frozen Fruit FAQ