Are you having some problems keeping your bread fresh? By bread, not those commercially produced and wrapped in plastic. The bread that I mean is the one that is freshly baked. The ones that have a tasty crust and are moist inside. The yummy ones.
Well, if you have some problems, then it’s time to invest and get the best bread box to keep your bread fresh. This might sound so old-fashioned for you, but it works.
I will share with you everything I know about bread boxes or bins. I will also give you some ideas about the best boxes on the market today.
Best Bread Box Reviews – Updated 2019
|Brabantia Roll Top Bread Box|
|Matte Steel||Check Price|
|Home-it Stainless Steel Bread Box||Steel||Check Price|
|Rubbermaid Bread Keeper||Plastic||Check Price|
|Adjustable Bread Keeper||Plastic||Check Price|
|Culinary Couture Bread Box||Steel||Check Price|
- Large internal capacity with room for up to two loaves of bread
- Compact roll lid construction doesn’t take up any extra space when opened
- Flat top design allows for additional storage capacity
- Durable, corrosion resistant and fingerprint proof finish - no smudges
- Comes with a 10 year
This bread box has a stylish and sturdy design. Its colour and shape will surely fit perfectly in every kitchen. It is a roll top bread box that has a great capacity in a very compact size. Holes in its base allow the bread to breathe and the flat surface on the top gives an extra storage space. It is lightweight and corrosion resistant.
- LIMITED TIME OFFER PRICE MAY INCREASE SOON- THIS ITEM IS 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE.
- Swing Down door opens and closes smoothly bread bins Cool, Dark Interior keeps bread and baked goods fresh.
- Large capacity bread bin made of brushed stainless steel bread boxes.
- Stainless steel sleek style makes an attractive addition to any kitchen counter and complements the rest of the stainless steel kitchenwares.
- Dimensions of the bread box are 16.5.
This stainless steel bread box has a great capacity. Your bread will not squeeze inside making fresher and not soggy. You can store two loaves of bread. It has a great design perfect for every kitchen, but I’m not a big fan of the all-silver look.
- Bread box protects bread from getting crushed and keeps bread fresh longer
- Durable bread storage container is top rack dishwasher safe
- Fits a full loaf of standard sized bread
- Constructed of BPA free plastic
- Made in the USA
Rubbermaid’s bread keeper is a plastic bread box that keeps the bread from getting crushed. It also keeps bread fresher for a few days. This is made from BPA free which means this plastic is safe as food storage. This is easy to clean as it is dishwasher safe.
- EXPANDABLE BREAD KEEPER: Keep bread & other baked goods fresh longer with this expandable, dishwasher safe bread keeper. It can expand up to 11 inches to accommodate almost any sized bread loaf.
- ADJUSTABLE AIR VENTS: The bread keeper's air vents adjust to allow just the right amount of air into the storage area, & it comes with its own durable bread cutting board for convenient slicing.
- MEAL PREP MADE EASY: The unit is expandable and collapses to less than half its size for easy storage. Adjustable widths accommodate baked goods of varied sizes This item is not air tight
- STYLISH DESIGN & SOLID FUNCTIONALITY: Our philosophy is simple—offer stylish designs with no-nonsense functionality. We understand the kitchen is the heart of the home, where family & friends connect.
- INNOVATING KITCHEN ESSENTIALS: We boast over 40 years of innovating kitchen products & housewares with unique gadgets & tools for food preparation plus thoughtfully designed food storage containers.
Progressive’s adjustable bread keeper has one a modern design that you will surely like. This bread box has an amazing feature to expand up to 11 inches. When the box is not in use, it can close down to 8 inches saving some space on your countertops. It has air vents on the side for air circulation.
The best part of this product is the vents can be adjusted so that it only allows the desired amount of air to flow in and out. It also comes with a bread board to make it easier for you to slice your bread as you take it out of the box. This is surely one creative and well-thought product.
- PERFECT GIFT IDEA: Are you looking for a handy and yet beautiful present for your friends and family? If so, this is definitely for you! This vintage bread box is a smart gift idea that anyone would appreciate. Ideal for wedding present, housewarming parties, Holidays, Mother’s day and more. Note that this box for bread comes in a beautiful gift box which makes it a great choice for any occasion!
- KEEP YOUR BREAD FRESH FOR LONGER: This great bread box is designed to extend the shelf life of your breads and pastries while preventing flies and environmental germs from reaching your bread! The lid shuts firmly shielding your bread against such nasty elements while it features some tiny holes in the back side, allowing air circulation, keeping your bread fresh and delicious way longer!
- GREAT DESIGN & CONVENIENT SIZE: This blue bread box will offer a vintage touch to your kitchen. Its sleek design makes this bread box perfect for any kitchen or countertop while it takes up almost no space! This super convenient bread box, with dimensions 16.5” L x 9” W x 6.5” H, is big enough to store any loaf of bread, bagels, bread rolls and buns, baguettes and more!
- TOP NOTCH QUALITY: This large bread bin is made of power coated stainless steel, with a polished finish that looks just great. Thanks to its supreme quality make sure that your new bread box will never rust, corrode or lose its shine. This powder coated box is made to last for years keeping all your baked goods fresh and tasty!
- FREE EBOOK INCLUDED: Comes with a bonus ebook! Valued at 10$. Contains bread making tips and 35 delicious bread recipes (Comes as email attachment once product is delivered). ORDER NOW, take advantage of our special Summer discount sale price.
This powder coated stainless steel bread box is another beautiful box which is very handy and beautiful. It is designed to keep bread fresh and at the same time protect it from flies and other creatures that might get attracted to your bread.
It has a nice polished look to prevent any fingerprint smudges, and it has a compact size which does not take much space on your countertops. It perfect for your kitchen or it can be a nice gift idea. Also, it comes with an ebook about bread making so you will always have something to put inside this bread box.
Bread bins were first made to keep mice and other vermin from eating it. With some luck, it was discovered that it also helps prolong the shelf life of bread. Using a bread bin helps extend the shelf life of bread for a few more days. It helps preserve the moisture and prevents it from getting soggy.
Original bread bins are just made of wood. The top cover has a small hole where air can flow, and the bread can breathe. The hole also doubles as a handle to open the wooden bread bin. This simple device was able to help people in the ancient times preserve their bread until it was fully consumed.
THE TYPES OF BIN
From the original wood, the bread bins have caught up with the times. You can see a lot of bread bins nowadays. They come in a variety of shapes and colours. They are also made from different materials. You can still see some wooden bread boxes, but it is not uncommon to see metal bread bins. There are also those made from enamel and plastic in existence.
HOW TO MAKE A BREAD BOX FROM SCRATCH
For those who want to make a wooden bread box or want to know how it’s made, this video might come in handy:
REASONS WHY YOU NEED THE BEST BREAD BOX
You might be asking yourself right now why there is a need to get the best bread bin. Below are some of the reasons why you need to own one.
1) Prolong shelf life of bread
This reason has already been covered above. Bread bins are just simple miraculous storage that keeps your freshly baked bread fresh for a few more days. By controlling airflow and allowing bread to breathe your bread remains fresh and retains its taste and moisture.
2) Protects your bread
No matter how tidy you are in your kitchen or home, bugs and another insect will still be in existence. If you have a bread box, you are assured that your bread is protected from these bugs and insects. To keep your health protected and safe it is best that you own a reliable bread bin.
3) Keeps your kitchen countertops tidy
There is no harm if you opt not to buy a bread box. However, putting your bread just anywhere or on the counters will not be appealing. Having a bin for your bread will be tidy to look at. The tidier and less messy your counters are then there is a lesser chance for flies, insects, and bugs to get attracted to your bread and other food items.
4) They are just so fashionable nowadays
As what is mentioned earlier, bread bins come in different designs and shape nowadays. You have a lot to choose from that will certainly match your kitchen theme. Maybe you will not be eager to get a bread box made of wood, but the choices now give a certain personality and style to your kitchen.
Check out this video to learn more about why use a breadbox:
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST BREAD BOX FOR KEEPING BREAD FRESH
Here are some of the things that you need to consider before buying your new bead box.
1) Material that it is made of
Bread boxes are made from different materials in modern times. Each of these materials has their advantages and disadvantages.
Bread boxes out of wood are the most classical. They are inexpensive. The problem with using wood is that it can absorb odour. It can also be affected by temperature. Over time, it will break down, and you will need to buy a new bread box when this happens.
Bread bins made out of metals like stainless steel and aluminum are some of the best choices. They are very durable and cleaning them is hassle free. However, they can attract fingerprints often and may not fit with every kitchen interiors.
Other inexpensive options are the bins made out of plastic. They are light and also easy to clean. They come in different shapes and colour which makes it flexible to use in any kitchen theme. Like wood, plastic bread box is not so durable. They might crack after some time. Also, you need to check if the plastic is food-grade if ever you opt for one.
A ceramic bread box is probably the stylish option. It prevents the growth of microorganisms, and it doesn’t absorb odour. They can be a bit fragile though. You will need to be careful where you place them, or they can get broken or fractured in an instant.
The glass is just similar to ceramic. They do not absorb odour and preserve bread better by preventing the growth of the microorganism. They are also fragile and needs to be maintained and cleaned regularly.
2) Size of a bread box
Many factors can affect the size choices of your bread box. If you have a big family, then something bigger is the best choice. If you get regular deliveries of fresh bread or often bake the bigger sizes are good options. If you have a small kitchen and the space of your countertops are limited, then a smaller bread box should be enough.
For aesthetics, the form will be important. Do you want a simple square or cube pattern? Or do you prefer something that is round or a half-circle? The form will depend on your preference or how it fits in your kitchen interiors.
4) Other features
There are bread bins that are designed to be hanged. If you have no space in your kitchen counters at all, then this bins can be good choices. Breadbox partitions are good features that are also worth checking. There are different types of, and it is best that you store them apart from each other through the bread box partitions.
I think the Brabantia Roll Top Bread Box is the best choice among the list. It has a great design and an impressive ventilation system that works. The capacity can also hold amazing despite its size. It is a great an effective product that will probably last for quite some time. It has an amazing exterior which is not all silver. It is a bread box worth your dime.
Did you enjoy reading this article? Have you made any choices which bread box to purchase? Share your thoughts and choice in the comments section. Do not forget to share this article if you find it helpful in choosing the best box for storing bread.
- 1 Best Bread Box Reviews – Updated 2019
- 2 Brabantia Roll Top Bread Box (Editor’s Choice)
- 3 Home-it Stainless Steel Bread Box
- 4 Rubbermaid Bread Keeper
- 5 Prep Solutions by Progressive Adjustable Bread Keeper
- 6 Culinary Couture Bread Box
- 7 THE BOX FOR BREAD – Buyer’s Guide
- 8 CONCLUSION