Working as a chef in a restaurant is very challenging because you have to stand all day to manage the kitchen. What’s worse is you have to walk on slippery ground when liquid gets spilled on the floor accidentally.
These are the reasons why you need to wear the most comfortable chef shoes as possible.
According to a Manhattan orthopedic surgeon Dr. Jerry Lubliner, you must choose a well-cushioned shoe if you stand for long hours. You can find the best chef shoes for men by reading on the reviews below.
In A Hurry? This Is The Best:
- CROCS AT WORK: Clogs designed with food service, hospitality, and healthcare workers in mind, making great Nursing Shoes or Chef Shoes. They’re light and supportive enough to get you through even the longest shifts
- EASY TO CLEAN: Crocs Bistro clogs are fully molded and easy to clean by just using soap and water and allowing for a quick dry
- SLIP RESISTANT KITCHEN SHOES FOR MEN AND WOMEN: Crocs Lock slip-resistant treads come together to help you serve up the best non-slip shoes for women and men
- ENCLOSED TOE DESIGN: These Clogs offer an enclosed toe design and thicker metatarsal area to help protect your feet from spills Contoured footbeds make them the most comfortable shoes for women and men
- CERTIFIED COMFORTABLE SHOES: Crocs that are fully ASTM F2913-11 tested, CE Certified Meets or exceeds EN ISO 20347:2012, OB, SRC
Difference Between Chef Shoes And Other Shoes
Ever wonder what sets chef shoes apart from all other shoes in the market? Learn the difference between types of shoes from the table below.
Based on the table above, we can tell that chef shoes are meant for comfort while other shoes are meant for fashion. While both shoes offer protection to the feet, chef shoes offer more protection since they are specially built to support your feet from standing all day in the kitchen.
Chef shoes are more lightweight and safe than other shoes. Did you notice that most chef shoes have no laces? They are designed that way so that you can slip it on your feet easily.
How To Choose The Most Comfortable Chef Shoes
Choosing the best chef shoes for men is very hard due to a great mass of brands available in the market now. To help you choose the best brand, follow these guidelines.
1. Get The Right Fit
Before buying the right chef shoes for you, consider the size of your feet and choose the brand that gives the right fit. You don’t want to wear shoes that are either too large or too small for your feet, do you? According to American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AACS), wearing unfit shoes result to several toe deformities, including bunions, corns, and hammer toes.
If you are buying on physical stores, try the chef shoes first before buying. You can walk on them for a few minutes to make sure that your toes are not cramped up . As much as possible, choose a deeper toe box design to give an ample room for toes.
However, if you are buying them online, choose the size that fits right on your feet. You can get the right size of your feet by measuring both their length and w >larger foot to get the proper fit.
2. Get The Right Design
Clogs are marketed as the best choice for those people who work in the kitchen, like chefs. However, not all comfort shoes are guaranteed too give you comfort because some might actually change the way you walk.
According to orthopedic surgeon at Duke University Health System Selene Parekh, you must choose a shoe that gives a great ankle support and best accommodates your foot condition . For instance, if you have bunions, choose a shoe with a large box-shaped toe design.
Most chef shoes are made of slip-on designs so that they’ll be easy to wear. However, there are those who prefer laces because they keep their shoes securely attached to their feet. Actually, either of these designs are fine. What matters most is you feel no pain when wearing them.
Some of the best chef shoes for men provide a higher cushion near the ankle. Some designs provide low cuts while others offer high heels. If you want more comfort choose those low cut shoe designs. However, if your are seeking for more protection against spills and better balance, opt for a higher heel shoe design. No matter what you choose, it all depends on what you personally prefer.
Now, that you have streamlined the list of brands that give you the right size and design for your feet, it is time to evaluate your budget. Make sure that you choose the right brand that meets within your budget.
As much as possible, search for chef shoes that provide the best quality at the least price. It might not be right to settle for cheap kitchen shoes that provide poor quality. Always look for quality over price.
What Must You Look For In A Good Chef Shoes?
If you want to consider buying a good pair of comfortable chef shoes for your work, consider these following factors.
1. Comfort And Cushion
The first thing you should look for in a good kitchen shoe is comfort. Make sure that your feet won’t hurt while you’re wearing them to avoid the risk of foot injuries. Look for chef shoes with great light padding so that your feet won’t hurt while standing for long hours. In addition, you must look for chef shoes with thick platforms and a little bit of heels to protect your feet from the hard kitchen floor.
2. Durable And Lightweight Construction
When buying some good kitchen shoes, always look for durability. Make sure that the stitches are well made and the material used is resilient against moisture. Leather may be durable, but they are heavy and susceptible to moisture. On the other hand, synthetics are lightweight and they may last long if not exposed to sunlight. Personally, I prefer synthetics over leather because they are lighter and easy to clean.
3. Anti-skid Sole
Another feature to look for in a good kitchen shoe is an anti-skid sole. This type of sole is highly desired because it helps in navigating through slippery kitchen floors easily. You can tell that the shoes have a good grip on the floor if their soles are designed with deep grooves. Look for chef shoes with an anti-slip feature to be sure.
4. Arch Support
One of the major causes of foot pain is standing for long hours all day. The best way to prevent this foot problem is to wear shoes with great arch support. However, if you have flat feet, look for chef shoes with a minimal height of arch support so that you won’t end injure your feet.
5. Shock Absorption
This feature is much preferred if you’re looking for some good kitchen shoes because it protects your joints from wearing out easily. When you walk, the impact of your feet on the floor sends a shock to your joints. This is why you must look for chef shoes with shock-absorbing qualities.
Benefits Of Using Comfortable Chef Shoes In The Kitchen
It is important to wear comfortable chef shoes in the kitchen because it can protect your feet from falling objects and liquid spills.
You can check the importance of proper kitchen shoes in this video:
Since working in the kitchen requires you to stand all day, you may be at risk of certain health hazards, such as lower limb disorders, circulatory problems, and hypertension. This is why wearing the most comfortable chef shoes is essential in the kitchen. By wearing the most comfortable kitchen shoes, you lessen the stress experienced by the feet. As a result, you’ll might be able to do your job in the kitchen more efficiently than ever.
Reviews of the Top 5 Best Chef Shoes For Men
I have chosen 5 of the best chef shoes for men in the market for your selection. Check out their pros and cons, and find out which among them fits your needs.
1. Crocs Unisex Specialist Clog
- Classic clog with grippy outsole and massaging footbed
- Enhanced arch support
- Massaging footbed
These chef shoes are made of synthetic materials. They feature a classic clog design which allows you to slip on them easily. They are constructed with a closed heel and toe design to meet workplace policies. Their loose fit designs enable your feet to bend while the metatarsal areas are made with thicker materials to shield the top part of your feet. Moreover, they have great gripping soles and massaging footbeds for comfort.
- Improved arch support
- Customize fit through their exclusive Croslite materials
- Comfortable and functional
- Odor-resistant and slip-resistant
- Easy to clean and slip-on
- Unattractive design
- Only slip-resistant on dry floors
- Soles easily wears out
- Odor-resistant and slip-resistant
- The bent top design strains the toes
- Oversized and loosely fit for those with narrow feet
2. Townfrost for Men’s Slip and Oil Resistant Eamon Shoes Non Slip
- Professional Slip Test by Intertek: Townforst slip-resistant outsole...
- Effective: These slip resistant smart shoes provide shock...
- Fashion style: Look good on and off work! You are sure to find a style...
- Quality, Comfort, Selection and Affordability
- Find your groove on the job in the Eamon sneakers from Townforst Work....
The Townfrost Eamon shoes received the highest level of Slip Test by Intertek. They are specially made for people working in the restaurant due to their effective anti-slip features. These shoes are made with leather and designed with round toes. Full laces are designed on the front for better foot attachment.
- Great slip resistance ability
- Good shock absorption qualities
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Seems easily comes apart
- Poor foam padding
- Frail construction
- The front part is too tight
- Size is too small and narrow
3. Dansko Men’s Karl Box Leather Clog
- Leather and or fabric uppers
- Padded instep collar for comfort when walking
- Roomy reinforced toe box for protection with plenty of "wiggle room"...
- PU outsole with rocker bottom to propel foot forward and provide shock...
- Wide heel for added stability
This leather clog is made of a rubber sole and a polyurethane outsole. Its platform measures around 0.75 inches. It is an easy-slip on clog with a padded instep for comfort. It even keeps your feet smelling nice due to its anti-microbial lining. Meanwhile, its anti-slip tread offers reliable traction.
- Slip and odor resistant
- Thick platforms
- Good quality and stitch construction
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Comfortable if you found the right fit
- Easy to clean
- Size runs small and narrow
- Not fit for wide feet
- Leather upper is hard
- No cushions on the insole
4. Klogs Men’s Edge Comfort Slip On Open Back Casual Clog (EDITOR’S CHOICE)
- Microfiber footbed offers excellent arch support, superior cushioning...
- Contoured outsole and footbed provide excellent arch support for all...
- Our slip resisting outsoles are rated by the ASTM F489-96 standard...
- Molded construction offers superior shock absorption and energy return
- Durable; wipes clean with mild soap and water (do NOT use harsh...
Enjoy great comfort with Klogs Edge clog. This lightweight clog is made of the polyurethane upper that you can easily sanitize with water and soap. This works great for those stands for long hours daily. The polyurethane sole is built with oil and slip resistance. The removable footbed is antimicrobial and keeps your feet smelling fresh all day.
- Slip-resistant and oil resistant
- Shock absorbent
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Good arch support
- Keeps your feet dry and smelling nice
- Removable insoles are softly cushioned
- Slightly thick platforms
- Size runs small
- Slightly narrow
5. MOZO Men’s The Natural Canvas Slip Resistant Comfort Lace-Up Sneaker
- 100% Vegan
- Gel insoles for fit and cushioning
- Water-restistant waxed canvas upper
- Slip-resistant traction by Shoes For Crews
- Elastic goring and laces for either classic sneaker or slip on style
The Natural Canvas sneaker is made with a combination of textile and leather. Its sole is made of rubber and has a good traction against slippery floors. It is built with a gel insole fit and integrated cushioning for comfort. Its gusseted tongue is made to resist against water. A mid-cut lace-up design completes the whole look of this sneaker.
- Leather upper offers a sturdy design
- Water-resistant tongue
- Slip resistance fades in time
- Lacks arch support
- Canvas retains moisture
Among the 5 best chef shoes for men reviewed above, the Klogs Men’s Edge Comfort Slip On Open Back Casual Clog wins as the most comfortable chef shoes. This is because it has meet most of the factors that must be considered when looking for a good kitchen shoe.
First, the Edge Comfort offers comfort and protection through its soft cushioning of footbed. It also has a slight platform that elevates your feet from the hard kitchen floor.
Second, it has a lightweight design and its polyurethane construction doesn’t mold and expand your feet like leathers do.
Third, this product meets the following important features, like shock absorbent, slip-resistant, and good arch support.
The Edge Comfort beats Crocs and Dansko in terms of shock absorbent and cushion qualities. While the Edge Comfort has great arch support features, MOZO Men’s The Natural Canvas sneaker has none. The Townforst Eamon shoes may have reach the highest level of Slip Test by Intertek but the Edge Comfort is more durable.
The size may run small for the Edge Comfort clog but getting the right size will do the trick. If you are size 5, add 2 to get the right fit for you. Therefore, the Edge Comfort is the clear winner in this review, and might be your best choice for standing all day in the kitchen.
- 1 In A Hurry? This Is The Best:
- 2 Difference Between Chef Shoes And Other Shoes
- 3 How To Choose The Most Comfortable Chef Shoes
- 4 What Must You Look For In A Good Chef Shoes?
- 5 Benefits Of Using Comfortable Chef Shoes In The Kitchen
- 6 Reviews of the Top 5 Best Chef Shoes For Men
- 6.1 1. Crocs Unisex Specialist Clog
- 6.2 2. Townfrost for Men’s Slip and Oil Resistant Eamon Shoes Non Slip
- 6.3 3. Dansko Men’s Karl Box Leather Clog
- 6.4 4. Klogs Men’s Edge Comfort Slip On Open Back Casual Clog (EDITOR’S CHOICE)
- 6.5 5. MOZO Men’s The Natural Canvas Slip Resistant Comfort Lace-Up Sneaker
- 7 Bottom Line